Crest Research and Development Institute seeks a Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning Associate who will support the development of research documents including research proposals, inception reports and evaluation reports and supervise field teams in data collection and the coordination of regional working group coordination meetings. He/she will also lead the training of data collectors on research methodologies and create and implement data collection tools, surveys and guides to ensure accurate and compliant data collection. The position will be based in the head program office, located in Abuja with frequent travel across project locations in Nigeria. The position will report to the director of research and development.
- Lead data collection and database maintenance/management systems to track project progress towards set goals and objectives
- Carryout routine data entry and preliminary analysis of field data.
- Assist in the adaptation of existing CRADI monitoring tools and train project teams on the use of the same.
- Provide technical support to projects with data management and development tools and processes.
- Support Project teams to develop monthly reports, with strong emphasis on highlighting results of intervention.
- Development of and deployment of research tools.
- Development of research documents including research proposals, inception reports and evaluation reports.
- Lead and supervise field teams in data collection.
- Training of data collectors on research methodologies.
- Create and implement data collection tools, surveys and guides to ensure accurate and compliant data collection.
- Provide relevant program, administrative and logistics support for projects.
- Ensure institutional learning through maintenance of program files (digital and hard copies) in a user friendly manner.
- Work with the project team to periodically review project performance data and integrate recommendations to ensure adaptive management.
Business Development Role
- Support in the research and identifying of research opportunities and development trends, prospects and growth opportunities.
- Support in the provision of data for new development opportunities.
- Conducting desk based needs assessment to inform new proposal development.
- Other duties as may be assigned by supervisor
- BA/B.Sc. in Social Science, Statistics, Demography, or another related field.
- At least 3 year of experience in a MERL related role.
- Experience in conducting literature reviews of documents to generate data to inform decision makers.
- Ability to write reports in English and communicate results clearly using graphs, charts, and other visuals.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including patience, diplomacy, willingness to listen and respect for diversity.
- Proficiency with MS office software required (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.)
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative research methods, statistical analysis, and data analysis software (kobocollect, google forms, power BI, SPSS etc.)
- Excellent ability to communicate and maintain diplomatic and productive relations with the team; resourcefulness, flexibility and ability to work in a changing and challenging environment.
- Possess positive attitude, Self-motivated, independent, can deliver results under stress and timely manner, team worker, confident in dealing with people.
CRADI is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors. Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Crest Research and Development Institute on cradil.org to apply