Requisition ID: 154029
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Job type: Fixed Term
- These jobs are found in WFP warehouses. Job holders report to the Warehouse Management Assistant/Associate or the designate.
Job holders are exposed to all phases of the warehouse operations and work with minimum supervision. They may provide supervision and on-the-job training to other warehouse staff.
- To handle receipt/dispatch and verification of commodities in order to maximise quality of warehouse operations and mitigate losses, and to support the best storage management practices in compliance with WFP warehouse standards and established guidelines.
Key Accountabilities (not all-inclusive)
- Effectively receive/dispatch commodities including transhipment (truck to truck) against official approved documentation (e.g. waybills and/or delivery notes) ensuring accuracy in physical count of commodities including the quality in compliance with the established standards.
- Prepare, verify and sign off warehouse and transport documents, and maintain confidential files and accurate warehouse transaction records to ensure immediate reporting on commodity movements in line with the corporate requirements.
- Conduct daily warehouse closing reconciliation and accurate inventory checks supporting internal control systems in compliance with the warehouse management requirements.
- Perform daily inspections and prepare reports on the quantity and quality of the commodities received/dispatched and handled, detect promptly and analyse reasons for stock discrepancies/damages, investigate missing quantity and prepare warehouse loss reports recommending appropriate solutions, to enable informed decision-making.
- Implement appropriate measures to safeguard food and non-food commodities, to ensure quality control using standard preventive measures in line with WFP established procedures and authorization received from the supervisor.
- Monitor condition of the warehouse and commodities and take appropriate actions, to support efficient warehouse space-planning and well-organized commodity storage following WFP warehouse standards.
- Provide guidance and on-the-job training to warehouse staff to contribute to their development and high performance.
Capability Name – Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level:
- Supply Chain Management and Optimization – Displays aptitude at monitoring and reporting on supply chain operations to enable teams to efficiently assess the performance and sustainability of current networks.
- Planning, Project & Resource Management – Supports the planning, forecasting & resource management efforts of own team by collecting data from diverse sources.
- Information Management & Reporting – Collates accurate and timely information and data to enable informed decision making on reporting within individual unit and consequently the greater humanitarian community.
- Market Analysis, Contracting and Operational Execution – Ability to collect and collate necessary information to enable WFP to make informed operational decisions.
- Warehouse and Inventory Management – Demonstrates ability to implement operational warehouse procedures and normative guidance in order to manage WFP’s warehouse, handle inventory effectively through corporate systems, and ensure loss mitigation.
- Technical Assistance and Coordination – Demonstrates awareness of the importance of technical assistance and coordination with key stakeholders and an ability to carry out logistics activities, respecting individual mandates and programme priorities.
Standard Minimum Qualifications
- Education: Completion of Secondary School Education. A Post-Secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
- Language: Fluency (level C) in the UN language in use at the duty station and in the duty station’s language, if different.
Desired Experiences for Entry into the Role:
- Experience using logistics databases to extract routine reports.
- Experience in managing warehouses with food and NFIs.
- Experience in managing inventories.
- Experience in processing invoices.
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.