Req ID: api-67036
Location: Abuja, Federal Capital Territory, Nigeria
Department: Strategic Information
- PHIS3 seeks a Senior EMR/PBS Module Officer. The successful candidate will work in the Systems Analysis Unit of the Health Informatics Directorate. S/He will plan and control the computer system analysis and development for assigned areas; serve as Project Leader on major projects; confer with and advise use departments; evaluate user requests and needs, estimate cost and time of implementation and recommend program methodology to be followed, assuring programming compliance with established documentation standards; provide technical guidance and recommendations concerning existing computer programs and systems.
- The System Analysis Officer reports directly to the System Analysis Advisor in activity implementation and management.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Plan and control the computer system analysis and development for assigned area; confer with and advise use departments; evaluate user requests and needs, estimate cost and time of implementation.
- Serve as Project Leader on major projects; evaluate project requirements and time lines; provide guidance and direction to assigned personnel and coordinate project phases.
- Assist in system studies in programming for various applications; recommend program methodology to be followed, assuring programming compliance with established documentation standards.
- Analyse problems outlined by users and potential users of data processing; study existing systems and procedures and the introduction of potential data processing systems.
- Develop detailed data flow charts of the existing system, documenting the work process according to installation standards; assist with developing system objectives and comprehensive plans to organise work methodology; establish controls to assure desired output in new and modified applications.
- Assist department staff by advising on applications development and the best approach to system design relative to software capabilities and hardware features; review or determine application proposals and requirements as required.
- Provide technical support, assistance and information to users; train users in system operations as necessary; coordinate communication and activities with users to review and analyse user problems and needs; provide work direction to assigned programmers.
- Compile information and data and prepare various reports related to computer systems and functions; document system software and hardware as necessary.
- Maintain a variety of records, accounts, logs and files related to systems; prepare and purge records as necessary.
- Write or modify programs as necessary to meet user needs; prepare block diagrams and flow charts; write or modify program source code; prepare sample test data; test, correct and revise programs as necessary.
Qualification & Experience:
- A minimum of Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer science, Information Technology, Statistics or related field with not less than 8 years’ work experience in Software development, database development and management. Masters in Information Management or other related field is an added advantage.
- Report writing and oral/written communication skills
- Computer literacy/skills in usage of personal productivity tools (Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Internet browsing, emailing, etc.)
- Basic knowledge of Java, MySQL, PHP, Python, Java Scripts and knowledge of OpenSource applications.
- Intermediate/advanced knowledge on use of MS-Excel
- Advanced principles and techniques of systems analysis, design and programming.
- Advanced principles of internal system maintenance.
- Analysis project coordination requirements.
- Database structures, on-line applications and system capabilities of the District.
- Principles and concepts involved in computer programming and maintenance.
- Structured programming practices and techniques.
- Programming and computer operation documentation.
- Technical aspects of field of specialty.
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.