Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Contractual hours: Full time
Contract type: International Contract
Employee Status: Employee
SPIE OIL &GAS Nigeria is currently looking for a Electrical & Instrumentation Trainer to join its work force in Nigeria.
Based in Port Harcourt, the main purpose of the job is:
- Deliver theoretical and OJT programmes for electrical & instruments technicians, supervisors, specialists and graduate engineers to enable a common high level of competence.
- Responsible for the implementation and compliance of the E&I Engineering and Maintenance Team Competence assurance system across the Spie business in all assets.
- Support line managers in identifying needs and ensuring these needs are met in a consistent and cost effective manner.
Principal Responsibilities shall include:
- Deliver theoretical and OJT programmes for electrical & instruments technicians, supervisors, specialists and graduate engineers.
- Develop and prepare all course teaching materials and visual aids liaising as required with the Recruitment Team. This will also include any course reference materials and/or student workbooks.
- Maintain electronic and hard copy of all individual training records and to provide accurate reports as and when required.
- Provide the client with detailed student progress reports containing the
assessment, level of competence, attendance and behaviors of the trainees.
- Liaise with equipment vendors and any additional specialist instrumentation suppliers to ensure that teaching materials support the knowledge required for a trainee to develop satisfactory workplace competence.
- Conduct instrument and control overview training program for production personnel and others requiring a basic presentation on the plants operational control features.
- Design appropriate courses for the trainees and to schedule their release to the operational plant to enable them to quickly develop and utilize their new skills on the job.
- Conduct refresher training courses and additional remedial program if requested
- You have extensive experience working in the Oil & Gas Services industry as an Electrical & Instrumentation Trainer.
- Good knowledge & usage of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- SPIE Oil & Gas Services is committed to promote diversity. This position is opened to people with disabilities.
- Minimum level of experience required – 6 years or more
- Languages: English (D-Full professional proficiency).
What can we offer you?
- We offer a position in which you will have great autonomy and varied responsibilities in an environment where you will be challenged on a daily basis.