Salary: N200, 000 to N250,000.
The Fashion Production Manager will oversee the Product Development team and production team as well as working closely with the design and sales teams within the fashion company’s head office. S/he is responsible for the product planning and execution throughout the fashion product lifecycle, including: gathering and prioritising product and customer requirements for the fashion/retail company, defining the product vision of the fashion brand, and working closely with sales & marketing, and design to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met. The Production Manager’s job also includes ensuring that the product supports the fashion/retail company’s overall image, strategy and goals.
The Production Manager oversees the entire development and production process of a company’s products whether this is womenswear, menswear, childrenswear, fashion accessories, footwear, or lingerie. The Production Managers liaise with teams such as product design, quality assurance, sales & marketing, and manage the production process with the factories.
- The apparel manager is in charge of all the manufacturing of the apparels in the unit
- They have to examine the finished product carefully and look for flaws in them
- The flaws found in manufacturing have to be rectified immediately
- They are also in charge of packaging these apparels
- They have to check for the quality of the raw materials and standardize it
- They have coordinate with the main office from where the manufacturing orders come from
- They have to hire the workers for production and provide training for them
- They have to assign the workers to the different department according to their skills
- They have to appoint departmental heads
- They have to ensure that all the manufacturing targets are met in a timely manner
- The safety procedures have to be implemented by them
- They have to liaise between the management and the workers
- 5 to 10 years experience in the fashion industry.
- A Bachelor’s degree/ Diploma in Fashion Design or a related field
- Professional certification in fashion is a plus
- Excellent leadership and managerial skills
- A positive attitude to work and be able to motivate a team.
- Have Must be able to multitask.
- Outstanding time management skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork, and leadership skills.
- Effective communication.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.