- Lekki Phase I, Lagos, Lagos, Nigeria
Our client is a world-class healthcare facility providing an integrated healthcare delivery platform in emerging markets. They seek to hire a Learning and Development Manager who is responsible for improving the productivity of the organization’s employees. This position assesses company-wide developmental needs to drive training initiatives and identifies and arranges suitable training solutions for employees. This position actively searches, creatively designs, and implements effective methods to educate, enhance performance and recognize performance.
- Identify and develops future and current training needs and programs through job analysis, career paths, annual performance appraisals and consultation with Plant HR Leads and HODs
- Implements overall or individualized training and development plan that addresses needs and expectations
- Obtains and /or develops effective training materials utilizing a variety of media while deploying a wide variety of training methods
- Conducts follow-up studies of all completed training to evaluate and measure results.
- Plans, organizes, facilitates and orders supplies for employee development and training events.
- Conducts effective induction and orientation sessions
- Monitor and evaluate training program’s effectiveness, success, and ROI periodically and report on them
- Manage training budget and administers spending against the departmental budget.
- Provide opportunities for ongoing development
- Resolve any specific problems and tailor training programs as necessary
- Maintain a keen understanding of training trends, developments, and best practices
- Trains and coaches’ managers, supervisors and others involved in employee development efforts.
- Works effectively as a team member with other members of management and the HR staff.
- Develops and maintains organizational communications such as intranet bulletin boards and newsletters to ensure employees have knowledge of training and development events and resources.
- First degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, or any related discipline. A post-graduate degree in a related or L&D is a plus
- Membership of CIPM / SHRM or other related professional body is an advantage.
- 9 to 12 years’ experience in employee training and development, with a track record in designing and executing successful training programs. Familiarity with traditional and modern training methods (mentoring, coaching, on-the-job or in classroom training, e-learning, workshops, simulations etc.).
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Ability to plan, multi-task and manage time effectively
- Strong writing and record keeping ability for reports and training manuals
- Good computer and database skills
Remuneration is competitive along with other benefits
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.