Required services: Consultancy to Provide Key Population Services
Duration: 42 Days with Possibility of extension
Commencement Date: 03rd Nov, 2021
Proposed Dates: Between 03rd Nov – 31st Dec, 2021 (excluding Public Holidays)
Supervisor: STO – KP/CBO
- FHI 360 will provide both facility-based and community-based comprehensive HIV services to KP through integrated community-based one stop shop clinics (OSS) and key population friendly health facilities (KPFHS)- faith-based, private, and public. The OSS clinic model is a type of community-based differentiated ART service delivery model for KP. The KPFHF is aimed at sustainability and ownership of KP care through provision of ART services to KP in a conventional healthcare.
- The OSS will have full continuum of staff (Front Desk Officer, Clinician, Pharmacist, Triage Nurse, Laboratory Scientist, Adherence Counsellor, Psychologist and Data entry clerk, case managers, janitor, and security personnel).
- The OSS will be a Safe haven to members of the key populations community as it will provide non-biased, non-stigmatizing and nonjudgmental friendly services to the designated populations. The OSS will be opened to members of the populations for all 5 working days of the week from 8:00am to 5:00pm on daily basis. However, there will be context specific service provision utilizing extended hours of service provision to address the need of clients who may not be disposed to visit the OSS during working hours or working days as arrangements can be made to visit at weekends based on discussions with the service providers at the facility.
The Specific Objectives of the KP Intervention Include:
- To create a supportive environment for key populations and foster community empowerment by providing a venue for relaxation, recreation, peer support, income generation and other activities to address underlying social factors such as SGBV and social marginalization.
- To provide health education and promote safer behaviors (including safer sex and safe injection) to reduce the risk of acquiring or transmitting HIV and STIs.
- To provide an integrated package of HIV/STI/RH services tailored to the needs of the KP clients through ‘friendly’ service providers who are sensitized and trained to serve KP.
- To serve as a distribution point for condoms, lubricants and needles/syringes and other key commodities to reduce HIV transmission.
- To build the capacity of KP CBOs to implement comprehensive HIV prevention and health promotion interventions.
- He/she is the first point of contact with the KPs or any other person entering the OSS.
- He/She must be a KP community member.
- Greet all the entrant into the OSS.
- Register clients according to established protocols.
- Assist Clients to complete all necessary forms and documentation.
- Ensure Clients information is accurate.
- Inform Clients of medical office procedures and policy.
- In liaison with the record unit maintain and manage client records
- Move Clients through appointments as scheduled.
- Answer incoming calls and deal with inquiries.
- Transfer calls as required.
- Schedule Clients appointments
- Deal with incoming and outgoing post
- Complete other clerical duties as assigned.
- Maintain stock of forms and office supplies.
- Ensure reception area is well maintained, neat and clean.
- Safeguard Clients privacy and confidentiality
- BSc / ND / HND Administrations / Secretarial studies.
- 3-5 cognate experience in a similar or related field.
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.