Our client; a reputable PAINT MANUFACTURING COMPANY is looking to fill the role of a QUALITY CONTROL OFFICER
This job description is only a directive to facilitate and to bring clarity of your role and expectation of the Management out of it.
You may also be assigned jobs other than this as and when need arise. Also management can make changes in the Job Description as per the need of the business and time and the same will be communicated to you through appropriate medium.
At any point of time if you feel that your job description is not relevant to the job you are performing please feel free to approach your RA / HR and we will take the necessary action accordingly.
Any approach of taking excuse from a necessary job by saying that it is not mentioned in the description will be consider as violation of your professional conduct and may be treated as indiscipline.
Job Introduction –
Department: Quality Control
Product Segment: Paint raw materials, finished products & packaging material.
Functionally Reports to: Quality Control Manager / Head
Administratively Reports to: Factory Manager
Job Objectives –
Quality Control Officer’s Job is to handle lab operations and to do various analysis and quality inspections for raw material, in-process and final products. To follow high quality standards and to support shop floor production by providing them quality inputs. To prepare various analysis reports and data to submit to management for various analysis.
To facilitate FRT/ART in day-to-day activities.
Job Responsibilities –
Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within the team.
Duties include the following, measurable in terms of time, cost, quality or quantity.
Strategic Responsibility – To follow high quality standards and to support production and sales operations by providing them various quality input reports to improve product quality and consistency.
To work on new products and application development and to troubleshoot problems related to product and application.
Day to Day Management – To perform batch wise and required number of various quality tests to ensure product quality is as per set standards and specifications.
- To do analysis of various market samples and analyze the scope of improvement in company’s existing products.
- To work on product improvement as per Organizational requirement and feedback of sales and marketing team for concerned products.
- To do detailed root cause analysis for any product variation and customer complaints and to submit report of the same to Management.
- To do accurate documentation of all tests and analysis and submit report to the concerned authority.
- Administration – To ensure all lap equipment and instruments are in proper operations and calibrated as per standards.
- To ensure all recipes and standard methods are well documented and access is only to the people concerned
Operational Targets –To monitor achievement against time line and accuracy for the new product development as well as quality checks for existing products.
- To ensure key projects tracking on a continuous basis and submit periodical update to management.
- To ensure lab hygiene and process methods to be part of international standards.
- Keep lab documentation ready for various inspections and audits all the time.
Reporting – To prepare all applicable reports in time for accuracy and in order to ensure that they match the functional requirements, policies and standards.
To assess various informational tools, identify improvement opportunities and pinpoint bottleneck areas to further increase the work efficiency.
Related Assignment – To perform other related duties or assignment as and when assigned.
- Minimum of Bachelor / Master degrees in Paint Technology / Chemistry / Chemicals.
- Minimum of 5+ Yrs of Experience as a QUALITY CONTROL OFFICER in a PAINT INDUSTRY
- The applicant must have good knowledge about various deco / industrial RM & FG evaluation, fair knowledge about paint formulations.
- Experience in ISO will be an added advantage.
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.