We are seeking to recruit the services of a Legal Practitioner with a good background in litigation and commercial law, possessing at least two (2) years experience.
- Evaluating findings and developing strategies and arguments in preparation and presentation of cases.
- Gathering evidence to formulate defence or to initiate legal actions, by such means as interviewing clients and witnesses to ascertain the facts of a case.
- In consult with Principal, examine legal data to determine advisability of defending or prosecuting lawsuit.
- Advising clients of the legal and business implications of proposed transactions, anticipating legal and contractual concerns, and devising strategies to resolve them.
- Studying Constitution, statutes, precedents/decisions of courts and other dispute resolution bodies, regulations, and ordinances of quasi-judicial bodies to determine ramifications for cases.
- Familiarizing with all procedural laws, Evidence Act (and Judicial interpretation of all provisions of the Act), rules of all State courts, appellate courts, Federal High Court, National Industrial Court, and any other court where briefs are assigned to counsel.
- Making representations in court, conducting, and concluding contractual negotiations on behalf of various clients.
- Conferring with colleagues/Principal to establish and verify bases for legal proceedings.
- Maintaining effective working relationships with key clients.
- Protecting the firm’s interests, by ensuring all necessary checks and investigations are undertaken (e.g. undertaking all necessary due diligence/disclosure exercises as appropriate).
- Responding to court processes that need a reaction at least ( 72) hours before deadline to enable adequate review before filing.
- Ensuring all documentation prepared is error proof, grammatically and in other respect and to this end must double check prepared processes for accuracy.
- Notifying Clients, subject to Principal’s approval of every development in cases assigned.
- Reading Judgments and decisions in all cases handled by the firm as such decisions are delivered.
- Evaluating and managing pre-litigation disputes.
- Leading or participating in significant internal investigations.
- Preparing and drafting legal documents such as court processes, case reviews, legal opinions, wills, deeds, contracts etc.
- Negotiating settlements of civil disputes subject to firm’s decision.
- Preparing analysis of every new court process filed in cases assigned and advice on impact and necessary reaction.
- Maintaining a practice note of new cases every month and preparing articles on any topical legal issues.
- Ensuring prompt reaction to every single Court decision given in cases being handled.
Qualifications And Experience
Possession of an LL.b
- Certificate of Call to the Nigerian Bar
- Minimum of 2 years experience
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft office; Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of general law practice; commitment and enthusiasm in the delivery of the firm’s objectives.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and discretion.
- Good understanding of general and specific laws.
- Excellent team working ability to ensure smooth operation within the firm
- Good research skills.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
Interested and qualified candidates should apply using the Apply Now button below.
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.